CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

assignment 5 : It's REALLY cold.

Yes, i agree it is extremely cold. I also ant imagine myself surviving like the first settlers in Canada managed to survive. Also, why would they stay here? Well all of my family i know, is from Canada, everyone. But my grandma told me that my great, great, grandfathers are from Ireland and Scotland. Unfortunately, i cant talk to them to see why they decided to stay. My family always had houses to live in, in Canada so they didn't have to face the extreme winters. as suvearly as the early settlers.

Some challenges early Canadians faced were: Keeping warm in the excruciating cold. A solution is FIRE but there's another problem. What about keeping dry fire wood? They also used the skin and fur/hair off of the animals they hunted as jackets...etc. Another task would be feeding yourself. A solution is hunting smaller animals in winter, and in summer store food for winter. I cant even imagine how difficult it was for these people. But they did it. PROPS TO THEM!

I also think that it was much easier for them in the summer. I bet they were like us, in the winter they wish it was summer, and in summer they wish it was winter. :P

How i found this Info.:
i searched on Google " Canada's first people" and "How the first Canadians survived" and selected quite a few different sites for each.

1 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Nice work, I think you did a good job on your research, thanks for explaining what you did!